Who is Unai Simón? Birth, Age, Ethnicity, Nationality
Unai Simon Mendibil is a talented Spanish specialty footballer who goes by Unai Simon. He wears the number one jersey for Athletic Bilbao of La Liga and the Spain public group. In the 2014-2015 season, he made his Tercera Division debut as a senior with the ranch group.
Unai Simón’s Mendibil, also known as Unai Simón, is a Spanish goalkeeper who currently plays for Athletic Bilbao in La Liga and the Spanish national team.
Simón, in addition to having a strong muscular presence between the sticks and being capable of making acrobatic saves, is also capable of playing out from the back due to his exceptional ball-handling talents. Unai Simón Mendibil was born on June 11, 1997. Simón was born in the Basque Country’s Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain, and grew up in Murgia, a small village.
Family, Parents, Siblings, Education
In terms of his family background, nothing is known about his parents and other family members. Unai has chosen to remain silent regarding his family’s origins and facts. In addition, he has not revealed much information about his siblings.
Unai is of Spanish nationality and Hispanic heritage. His birthdate is June 11th, and his astrological sign is Gemini.
The Professional Career of Unai Simón
- Unai Simon joined Athletic Bilbao’s youth system in 2011 after playing for CD Aurrerá de Vitoria. During the 2014-15 season, he made his senior debut with the Tercera División feeder team.
- Simón was promoted to the reserves after being relegated to Segunda División B on June 8, 2016. He rapidly established himself as a club starter, participating in 29 games during the season.
- On 2 June 2017, Simón was called up to the first-team squad for pre-season by new first-team manager José ngel Ziganda, but he continued to play largely for the Bs. On July 13, 2018, he signed a contract extension until 2023 and was loaned to Segunda División side Elche CF two weeks later.
- Athletic recalled Simón on August 15, 2018, following the departure of Kepa Arrizabalaga and the injury of Iago Herrera. At first, he appeared to be trailing the elder Lex Remiro in the selection process, but he made his professional – and La Liga – debut five days later, starting in a 2-1 home victory against CD Leganés.
- Simón made many crucial saves and was named player of the match in Athletic Bilbao’s 1-1 draw with Real Madrid in his third league outing. When Herrera regained full fitness in October 2018, he was elevated to starting goalkeeper, with Simón appearing in just two Copa del Rey games over the next four months.
- Simón was given the #1 squad number for the 2019-20 season and started the season as the first choice, keeping a clean sheet in a 1-0 victory over FC Barcelona on the first day. He kept up his excellent form throughout the season, missing only two games due to illness and appearing in 33 league games while conceding 29 goals to finish third in the Zamora Trophy standings.
- On the 37th, penultimate, matchday of the season, he was sent off during the first half against CD Leganés for a ‘last man’ challenge outside the penalty area, with the resulting suspension ending his season a game early; Athletic Bilbao lost 2-0 with ten men, effectively ending their slim chances of qualifying for the UEFA Europa League.
- In August 2020, he agreed to a new contract with the club that would last through the summer of 2025, with no buyout clause.
- Simón has played for Spain at both the under-19 and under-21 levels. He was a member of the 2015 UEFA European Under-19 Championship-winning team as Antonio Sivera’s backup goalkeeper.
- Simón made his under-21 debut against Italy on September 1, 2017. He was selected for the 2019 UEFA European Under-21 Championship, where he featured in the first game of the group stage as Spain won the tournament for the second time (Sivera was again first-choice).
- Simón received his first senior call-up on August 20, 2020, for the first two UEFA Nations League matches of the 2020-21 season. Despite committing a mistake that resulted in a goal at the club level a few days earlier, he was selected for his full debut on 11 November 2020, playing the whole friendly against the Netherlands.
- Simón was included in Luis Enrique’s 24-man squad for UEFA Euro 2020, which will take place on May 24, 2021. He started every game for the team and scored an own goal in the 5-3 last-16 victory against Croatia when he couldn’t handle Pedri’s long reverse ball.
- Luis Enrique praised his mental tenacity in overcoming that misstep. Following a 1-1 game, he saved two penalties as Spain won a shootout against Switzerland in the quarter-finals, earning him the Star of the Match title.
- The semi-final versus Italy ended in a tie, and Simón saved Manuel Locatelli’s first attempt in the shootout, but the Italians prevailed.
|Celebrated Name||Unai Simon|
|Birth Name||Unai Simon Mendibil|
|Source of Wealth||Football career|
|Height||1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Net Worth||$1 million to $5 million|
Net Worth, Salary, House
Beginning in January 2023, the complete assets of a talented player, Unai Simon, are valued between $1 million and $5 million.
He has also established himself as a figure in his limited competent phase. He earns around 19,000 pounds per week and 988,000 pounds per year as a goalkeeper at Athletic. Furthermore, his primary source of income is his football career. His current market value is €20 million as of May 2021, with a peak market value of €30 million in July 2020.
Relationship, Single, Dating
Unai Simon is a solitary individual. He is not in a relationship either. So, for the time being, we might suppose he has a single life. He has no likelihood of getting divorced because he is still unmarried and single. The idea is that living a lonely life will lead to the discovery of a successful career. Simon is straight when it comes to his sexual orientation.
Body Measurements: Height, Weight, Hair Color
Unai Simon, a striking player, stands 1.90 m (6 ft 3 in) tall and weighs around 88 kg. His body, along with his ideal height and macho look, drives him to the top of the greatest young-gen females list. Unai has beautiful earthy brown eyes and hair. He has an athletic physique.