Who Is Kevin Garnett?
Kevin Garnett is an American professional basketball player who started his glorious career in the sport with the NBA draft Minnesota Timberwolves. He was the only player since 1975 to be drafted directly out of high school and played with the Timberwolves for the first 12 seasons of his basketball career.
Kevin Garnett-Birth, Age, Ethnicity, Siblings, Education
Garnett was born on May 19, 1976, in Greenville, South Carolina. His zodiac sign is Capricorn. He grew up with his mother Shirley Garnett and father O’Lewis McCullough. His parents were never officially married and after he was born, his father O’Lewis McCullough left his mother Shirley Garnett. She did the sole job of bringing him up.
Garnett attended the Hillcrest Middle School and started exploring basketball for the first time there but it was at Mauldin High School that he started playing on the school team.
All about the Rumors and Controversy of Kevin Garnett
Kevin Garnett tried debunking an eight-year-long rumor that he called Carmelo Anthony’s wife La La, “Honey Nut Cheerios.”
“I’ve never said anything about anyone’s family,” Garnett told GQ of the 2003 on-court incident when the then-Celtics star was in a physical battle with then-Knicks forward Anthony at MSG.
Kevin Garnett-Relationship, Married Life
Kevin Garnett is currently married to Brandi Padilla. The couple started dating in 2004 and have been together for around 17 years, 5 months, and 3 days.
As of 2022, Kevin Garnett’s wife is Brandi Padilla. Brandi Padilla is 45 years old, while Kevin is 45 years old. Kevin Garnett had at least 2 relationships before this one. He has not been previously engaged.
To Know More: Is Fairuza Balk Married or Not, Relationship Status with Actor David Thewlis?
Net Worth of Kevin Garnett? Salary, Earnings
Kevin Garnett is one of the richest Basketball Players and has a net worth of $120 Million.
Kevin Garnett-Professional Career
- In 1995, Garnett was the first player to be drafted directly out of school by NBA Draft’s Minnesota Timberwolves.
- During the next season, 1996-97, Garnett showed improvement in his performance, which resulted in the better performance of the Timberwolves as well. He earned 17.0 points, 8.0 rebounds, 3.1 assists, 2.1 blocks and 1.7 steals in total.
- In 1997-98 began with the contractual agreement between Timberwolves and Garnett to remain in association for another 6 years. He improved and earned 18.5 points, 9.6 rebounds, 4.2 assists, 1.8 blocks, and 1.7 steals per game.
- In the next season, Garnett achieved solid success earning 20.8 points, 10.4 rebounds, 4.3 assists, and 1.8 blocks per game, he was named to the All-NBA Third Team. His stardom started to take shape around this time.
- Garnett kept showing improvement and in the 2001-02 season he gathered 21.2 points, 12.1 rebounds, 5.2 assists, 1.6 blocks, and 1.2 steals per game enough for another All-NBA Second Team nomination.
- In 2003-04, Garnett now was not the only star of the Timberwolves, he was joined by players like Sprewell, Cassell, etc. With their assistance, he earned 24.2 points, 13.9 rebounds, 5.0 assists, 2.2 blocks, and 1.5 steals.
- In 2007, Garnett was traded off to the Boston Celtics after being part of the Timberwolves for the first 12 seasons of his basketball career.
- Garnett made his Boston debut with a strong performance against the Washington Wizards in 2007-08, with 22 points and 20 rebounds.
- Garnett was selected to play in the 2010 NBA All-Star Game, which was his 13th All-Star Game selection. The 2010 Finals went to a decisive seventh game in LA, where the Celtics led well into the third quarter before the LA Lakers mounted a comeback and held on for the victory.
- In the 2010–11 NBA season, Garnett and the Celtics started strong, winning 23 of their first 26 games but he injured his knee and had to miss two weeks. When he returned, he averaged under 15 points, under 9 rebounds, and a career-low 0.8 blocks per game.
- Garnett agreed to a three-year contract extension with the Celtics worth an estimated $34 million in 2012. And the following year, it was announced that Garnett had been voted to start in the 2013 All-Star Game in Houston.
- In 2013, the Celtics and Brooklyn Nets reached a deal to trade Garnett, Paul Pierce, and Jason Terry for future first-round picks in the 2014, 2016, and 2018 drafts.
Award and Nomination
- NBA champion (2008)
- Olympic gold medal (2000)
- NBA Most Valuable Player (2004)
- 2008 NBA Defensive Player of the Year
- NBA All-Star Game MVP (2003)
Body Measurements: Height, Weight, Hair color
Kevin Garnett’s height is 6 feet 11 inches tall and weighs 220lbs(100kg). His head is bald but has a black color beard. He has brown color pair of eyes.
Social Media Details
Kevin Garnett has 960k followers on Instagram, 3.6M followers on Facebook, and 67k followers on Twitter.
In 1997, he signed a six-year contract extension with Minnesota Timberwolves that was worth an incomparable $126 million.