Who is Celia Imrie? Birth, Age, Ethnicity, Nationality
Celia Imrie is an author and performer from the United Kingdom. She is most known for her work with Victoria Wood, which includes Victoria Wood: As Seen on TV, the comedic dinner ladies, and Acorn Antiques: The Musical, for which she won the Olivier Award for Best Performance in One in 2006.
Celia was born on July 15, 1952, in Guildford, Surrey, England, to Diana Elizabeth Blois and David Andrew Imrie. Her zodiac sign is Cancer, and she is of Caucasian ancestry. She has kept mute on her past.
Family, Parents, Siblings
Her father was a radiologist from Glasgow, Scotland. Celia is the fourth of her parents’ five children.
The Professional Career of Celia Imrie
- She has been on No Commitments and Bleak Expectations on BBC Radio 4. In early 2007, she narrated the novel Arabella, which aired for two weeks as the Book at Bedtime.
- She performed on BBC Radio 4’s Desert Island Discs on February 13, 2011. In 2013, she was awarded an Honorary Doctorate by the University of Winchester.
- Imrie participated on the BBC genealogy show Who Do You Think You Are? in October 2012, when she discovered that her mother’s grandpa was William, Lord Russell, a Whig politician who was killed for treason in 1683 after being found guilty of conspiring against King Charles II.
- In May 2016, she made her US television debut in the DC action-adventure series Legends of Tomorrow. Since September 2016, she has played Phyllis in the FX series Better Things.
- Imrie achieved her first UK Top 40 hit as a member of the cast of the 2018 film Mamma Mia! In August 2018, Here We Go Again, including a cover of the ABBA classic “When I Kissed the Teacher,” reached number 40.
|Full Name||Celia Imrie|
|Famous as||Novelist, actor|
|Birth Date||July 15, 1952|
|Age||23 years old|
|Birth Place||Guildford, Surrey, England.|
|Father’s Name||David Andrew Imrie|
|Mother’s Name||Diana Elizabeth Blois|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Net Worth||$1 million|
Net Worth, Salary, House
In May 2016, she made her US television debut in the DC action-adventure series Legends of Tomorrow. Since September 2016, she has played Phyllis in the FX series Better Things. As of December 2022, Celia Imrie’s net worth is estimated to be $1 million.
Relationship, Married, Affair
She is in a relationship with English actor Benjamin Whitrow, who has been in films such as Pride and Prejudice, Chicken Run, Bomber, and others. She and Benjamin were never married since she does not believe in marriage.
The couple’s first child, Angus Imrie, was born on August 2, 1994. Their son is also an actor, appearing in shows such as The Archers, Station Jim, and the forthcoming film The Kid Who Would Be King.
In 2003, she was considered “one of the most successful British performers of the last decades,” and she is best known for her roles in Bridget Jones, Calendar Girls, Nanny McPhee, and The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, Mamma Mia! We’re back, and we’re nasty this time.
Body Measurements: Height, Weight, Hair Color
Celia Imrie stands 5 feet 5 inches tall, with deep ocean-blue eyes, and light brown hair.