While filming his role as Tyler Durden, a soap salesman with an extraordinary physique, in 1999’s action picture Fight Club, Hollywood icon Brad Pitt may not have realized that his character would set a standard for the ideal male body type in the business.
But, as it is now, the actor’s physique in the film set a standard for others to follow. More than 20 years after the film’s debut, the actor’s chiseled musculature in the picture remains a hot issue.
His personality Durden weighed 70 kg and had roughly 6% body fat, giving him a muscular appearance despite his slender physique.
Pitt put in a lot of effort and used a semi-bodybuilding routine to achieve such a game-changing body and sculpted abs. His main goal was to keep his body fat percentage low.
His fitness routine, according to GQ magazine, only targeted one muscle region per day. On Mondays, he worked on his chest, Tuesdays on his back, Wednesdays on his shoulders, Thursdays on his biceps and triceps, and Fridays and Saturdays on his cardio. On Sundays, he took a break.
Don’t Miss: Is James Roday dating again after his breakup with Maggie Lawson?
On Mondays, for example, his chest workout program looked like this:
3 sets of 25 reps of push-ups
- 165, 195, and 225 lb bench press – 25, 15, and 8 reps
- 15 repetitions of nautilus press at 80, 100, and 130 lbs
- 15 reps of incline press at 80, 100, and 130 lbs
- 15 reps on the pec deck at 60, 70, and 80 pounds
- Aside from training and workouts, the actor’s nutrition and diet plan were also meticulously adhered to.
He had to consume a very clean diet, consisting primarily of poultry and fish, brown rice/pasta, green vegetables, and oats.
According to Highsnobiety, the actor adhered to the following nutrition plan:
- Breakfast consists of six egg whites and seven yolks, as well as 75 grams of oatmeal with raisins.
- Tinned tuna on whole wheat pita sandwiches for a mid-morning snack
- Two chicken breasts, 75-100g brown rice or spaghetti, plus green vegetables for lunch
- A protein bar or whey protein shake and a banana for a mid-afternoon snack [pre-workout].
- After your workout, drink a whey protein smoothie and eat a banana.
- Grilled fish or chicken with brown rice or pasta, vegetables, and salad for dinner.
- Casein protein smoothie or low-fat cottage cheese as an evening snack
Fight Club: His Role
Durden is played by Pitt, and he meets the anonymous narrator, played by Edward Norton, on his business excursions. They become buddies and eventually form an underground combat club. However, in a twist of fate, Durden joins Project Mayhem, an anarchist terror group.
The film was directed by David Fincher and stars Helena Bonham Carter and Jared Leto, and was based on Chuck Palahniuk’s 1996 novel of the same name.